For the Muffins:
2 scoops (62g) PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select protein powder
1/2 C (60g) oat flour
1/4 C (30g) almond flour
2 Tbsp Swerve Granular (or granulated sugar)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp Kosher salt (or 1/8 tsp table salt)
1 large egg
1/2 C (120mL) almond milk
1/4 C unsweetened apple sauce
For the Streusel:
1/4 C (30g) chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp (10g) rolled oats
2 Tbsp (24g) Swerve Brown (or brown sugar)
2 Tbsp (28g) light butter
For the Glaze:
1/4 C (36g) Swerve Confectioners (or powdered sugar)
3-4 tsp water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place 9 silicone baking cups on a baking sheet or spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Mix the dry ingredients for the muffins together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and apple sauce together before adding to the dry ingredients. Stir the muffin batter until smooth.
3. Fill each baking cup 3/4 full with the muffin batter. Set aside.
4. Add the butter, walnuts, oats, and Swerve brown to another bowl and stir together before adding to the top of each baking cup.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack too cool.
6. For the glaze, mix the Swerve confectioners and water together and drizzle over the top of the cooled muffins.
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 9 Muffins
Serving size: 1 Muffin
120 calories | 7g F | 8g C | 8g P
Recipe by: Mason Woodruff
Recipe link: masonfit.com