Blueberry Cake Donut:
3/4 cup (84g) almond flour
2 scoops (62g) PEScience Gourmet Vanilla protein powder
2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (I use Swerve Granular)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 cup (227g) vanilla fat free greek yogurt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup (120g) fresh blueberries (if frozen, microwave for 45-60 seconds first)
1/4-1/2 cup (36-72g) Swerve Confectioners or a powdered sugar substitute
1-2 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place a silicone donut mold of a baking sheet or sprat a 6-donut tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Add the yogurt and eggs to a large bowl and stir until evenly mixed. (For best results, whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl before adding do you don't over mix the batter).
4. Gentle fold in the blueberries.
5. Transfer the batter to the donut mold, filling each nearly all the way full.
6. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until the donuts are cooked through.
Cooling and adding the glaze:
1. Remove the mold from the oven and allow the donuts to briefly cool before removing and transferring to a wire rack too cool.
2. For the glaze, mix the confectioners sugar and water in a shallow bowl and dip the cooled donuts face down. If you'd like less glaze or drizzle, use the lower end of the measurements and spoon it on top by hand.
Nutrition Facts: 1 Donut
180 Calories | 10g F | 8g C | 17g P
Recipe by: Mason Woodruff