1 1/2 C (180g) all-purpose flour
3 scoops (93g) PEScience Gourmet Vanilla protein powder
3/4 C (60g) black cocoa powder
1/2 C (96g) granulated sugar substitute (ex. Swerve)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 C (240g) unsweetened cashew milk or any milk
1/2 C (120g) unsweetened apple sauce
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C (112g) Light butter (ex. Land O' Lakes with canola)
2 Tbsp (28g) dark chocolate chips- melted
Frosting and Oreo Coating
16 oz fat free cream cheese
1 C (144g) powdered Erythritol (Swerve Confectioners or a powder sugar substitute)
12 Oreo thins- crushed
For the Chocolate Cake-
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 8" round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure there are no clumps of cocoa powder remaining.
3. Whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl before adding the milk, vanilla extract, and apple sauce. Whisk everything until smooth.
4. Microwave (about 60 seconds) or melt the chocolate chips in a bowl before adding the light butter and mixing together until smooth. The melted chocolate chips should melt the light butter, but you can microwave a few seconds longer if needed.
5. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until very little liquid remains. Add the butter and melted chocolate and stir until the cake batter is smooth.
6. Transfer the cake batter to the cake pans. Each pan should have 525 grams in it unless you modified ingredients. Shake the cake pans and give them a good smack on the counter to remove any air bubbles and get an even bake.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean in both cakes. After the baked cakes have cooled, transfer them to a cooling rack to completely cool before frosting.
For the Frosting and Oreo coating-
1. Mix the cream cheese and powdered Erythritol together until smooth. Make sure no lumps remain.
2. Use a food processor or blender to finely crush the Oreos.
3. Frost the top of one cake before placing the second cake on top and frosting the top and sides. Gently pat the sides with the crushed Oreos and sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos on top. Refrigerate the cake after serving.
Nutrition Facts: 230 calories | 8 F | 26 C | 15 P
Created by Mason Woodruff.