Protein Angel Food Cake:
7 egg whites (from the egg, NOT carton)
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tsp stevia (or other sweetener of choice), to taste
1/2 scoop (15g) PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Protein powder
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz (224g) fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup (112g) plain greek yogurt
1/2 package (14g) jello sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
1 tbsp zero-calorie sweetener
2 tbsp (30g) unsweetened almond milk
180g strawberries, sliced
confectioner's sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 315 degrees F. Spray any can pan with cooking spray. I used a springform pan.
2. Crack eggs and discard or save egg yolks for later use. Place the egg whites in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Add vanilla, stevia, and cream of tartar to egg whites and beat with a hand mixer until firm peaks form (I did about 5 minutes on high speed).
4. Using a spatula, fold in the protein powder carefully as to not deflate the egg white mixture.
5. Place the batter in the cake pan and cook for 15-20 minutes or until top of the cake starts to become golden brown. When done, let cool. Then place in fridge.
To make Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sweetener, jello pudding mix, yogurt, and almond milk. Mix with a hand mixer until all is combined. Keep stored in fridge until cake is chilled and is ready to frost.
Assemble the cake:
1. Place cake carefully on the surface you plan to serve it. It has the potential to stick to the plan (the springform pan helps with this), but it is still- easier to go ahead and set it up this way!
2. Using a spatula, carefully frost cake.
3. Top with fresh strawberries and confectioner's sugar if desired. Slice, and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/8 of cake with frosting and strawberries (91g)
82 Calories | 0.5g F | 8g C | 12g P
Recipe by: Lauren Joyner