Ingredients for Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and chocolate protein powder.
- Slowly pour your seltzer or diet soda into the mixture while stirring until a batter forms. 2/3 cup of liquid should be the perfect amount, but you can adjust slightly based on the absorbency of the protein powder you use if you make a substitution.
- Spray your muffin/cupcake tin and fill it with your batter to form 7 cupcakes (filling about 2/3 of the way or so).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the cupcakes bake, mix up the frosting by mixing up all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth (mix up the dry ingredients first, then add the almond milk). Let this sit in the fridge while the cupcakes bake to allow it to firm up a bit.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool for 10-15 minutes before frosting. Remove the frosting from the fridge, spread on top, and enjoy!
Total Fat: 1.5g
Total Carbs: 16g
Total Protein: 10g
Recipe created by @cheatdaydesign