- 180g all-purpose flour
- 75g PEScience Multi-Purpose Protein
- 50g granular sugar substitute
- Pinch of salt
- 126g light butter spread
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1 cup cooked & shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup (128g) canned peas & carrots
- 3/4 cup fat-free cream of chicken soup
- In a large bowl, combine flour, protein powder, sugar substitute, and a pinch of salt.
- Cut the butter into the dry mixture (in other words, just add small amounts at a time rather than one large scoop of butter) then add 1/3 cup of cold water.
- Mix everything up until it comes together to form a dough ball.
- Lightly flour a surface (I used parchment paper as my surface) and add your dough. Break it apart into 12 equal-sized pieces.
- Break a small portion off of each dough ball and set it aside- these extra pieces are going to be flattened out and used to cover the tops of the mini pies, so they can be small.
- Add each of your 12 dough balls to a muffin tin, then use your hands to press the dough down and onto the sides. It's okay if it feels thin, it is pie crust after all.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F while you prep the chicken mixture.
- Shred or dice up one cup of pre-cooked chicken, then add other ingredients.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture into each mini pie crust until all of the mixture has been used (it should be the perfect amount for 12).
- Use a fork to poke holes in the tops of the mini pies. Whisk up an egg in a small bowl and brush the tops of the mini pies to help create a golden color (you can skip this if necessary).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing. Enjoy warm or save leftovers to reheat throughout the week!
Total Protein: 10g