This Protein Carrot Cake Bars are perfectly moist and lightly spiced and full of fresh carrots, packed with protein, flavor, and topped with rich cream cheese frosting.
|Total Calories: 160
||Serving Size: 1 Bar
- 1 cup Grated Carrots, raw (about 3 large carrots)
- 1/2c Oat Flour or Flour of Choice
- 1/4c Coconut Sugar
- 1/4c Golden Flax Meal
- 1 scoop PEScience Snickerdoodle Select Protein Powder
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 3 tbsp. Egg Whites
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 scoop PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein Powder
- 1/4c Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients for the carrot cake together and set aside.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, egg whites and grated carrots together until combined.
- Add egg/carrot mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour carrot cake batter into the prepare pan.
- Add all cream cheese swirl ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop dollops of the cream cheese swirl mixture on top of the carrot cake batter then using a knife, swirl them together.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes at room temperature then chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.